Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Monday - April 4, 2016

Today, I feel like I wasn't exposed to the media as much as I was the past couple of days - probably due to the fact that I was in class or busy doing schoolwork. I did, however, turn on the TV this morning to HGTV as I was getting ready for class. I thought of how this channel along with many others was an example of demassificiation, which is what happens when the media targets specific members of an audience and focuses on special interests. HGTV is targeted to a specific audience - people who are interested in home and garden improvement, house hunting, and interior and exterior design. I, personally, like the idea of demassification. I like that I know which channel to go to when I'm in the mood to watch home improvement, watch a movie, or watch a sports game. It makes your interests more easily accessible and categorizes them for you so that they are right at your fingertips.

I also experienced social media through my sorority today. We get an email each morning listing important information that we need to keep up with throughout the week, like events, philanthropy information, recruitment information, etc. This type of social media contact is a great way to keep up with these sorts of things and it is very informative for all of the members. The emails cover all sorts of topics that the members need to know about; the mode of communication is very effective because it allows my sorority secretary to relay a lot of information to about 400 girls at once. This type of social media contact is very beneficial and effective and it's a quick and easy way to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment